Which plug adaptor do I need when travelling from Australia to Isle of Man?

Search again


The table below summarises the plug types, voltage and frequency of electrical current in both Australia and Isle of Man.

AustraliaIsle of Man
Plug TypesIC, G
Frequency of electrical current50Hz50Hz

Plug Adaptors

Australia uses Plug Type I.

Your Appliance has Plug Type I

In Isle of Man there's more than one socket type in use. You may require more than one adaptor.

Adaptor 1 of 2

Socket Type I
to Plug Type C
(Isle of Man)

Adaptor 2 of 2

Socket Type I
to Plug Type G
(Isle of Man)



The voltages found in Australia (230V) and Isle of Man (240V) are not exactly the same, but the difference is tolerable, so you should not need a transformer.

Good to know

Frequency of Electrical Current

The frequency found in Australia and Isle of Man is exactly the same (50Hz). Timing devices and appliances that use motors will function as expected under this frequency.

Report an error