Which plug adaptor do I need when travelling from Belgium to Canary Islands?

Search again


The table below summarises the plug types, voltage and frequency of electrical current in both Belgium and Canary Islands.

BelgiumCanary Islands
Plug TypesEC, E, L
Frequency of electrical current50Hz50Hz

Plug Adaptors

Belgium uses Plug Type E.

Your Appliance has Plug Type E

In Canary Islands there's more than one socket type in use. You may require more than one adaptor.

Adaptor 1 of 2

Socket Type E
to Plug Type C
(Canary Islands)

Adaptor 2 of 2

Socket Type E
to Plug Type L
(Canary Islands)

Canary Islands also uses Socket Type E, which is used in Belgium. If using an appliance that has a Type E Plug in the Type E Sockets of Canary Islands, you will not need an adaptor.



The voltages found in Belgium (230V) and Canary Islands (220V) are not exactly the same, but the difference is tolerable, so you should not need a transformer.

Good to know

Frequency of Electrical Current

The frequency found in Belgium and Canary Islands is exactly the same (50Hz). Timing devices and appliances that use motors will function as expected under this frequency.

Report an error