Which plug adaptor do I need when travelling from Dominican Republic to United States of America?

Search again


The table below summarises the plug types, voltage and frequency of electrical current in both Dominican Republic and United States of America.

Dominican RepublicUnited States of America
Plug TypesAA, B
Frequency of electrical current60Hz60Hz

Plug Adaptors

Dominican Republic uses Plug Type A.

Your Appliance has Plug Type A

In United States of America there's more than one socket type in use.

You will need this adaptor:

Socket Type A
(Dominican Republic)
to Plug Type B
(United States of America)

United States of America also uses Socket Type A, which is used in Dominican Republic. If using an appliance that has a Type A Plug in the Type A Sockets of United States of America, you will not need an adaptor.



The voltages found in Dominican Republic (110V) and United States of America (120V) are not exactly the same, but the difference is tolerable, so you should not need a transformer.

Good to know

Frequency of Electrical Current

The frequency found in Dominican Republic and United States of America is exactly the same (60Hz). Timing devices and appliances that use motors will function as expected under this frequency.

Report an error